I’m in a pretty good mood today—my shape-shifter short story collection, Natural Family Disasters, is out and selling well, I sent off my novel True Nature to the content editor yesterday, and my new website should be up soon.
To celebrate all of that, I thought I would give away two free signed paperback copies of my other anthology, Beyond the Trail.
Beyond the Trail includes six short stories that give us glimpses into the lives of Luke, Nora, and the other characters from Backwards to Oregon.
- The Blue Hour: When her mother dies, twelve-year-old Lucinda Hamilton decides to start a new life—as a boy.
- Grasping at Straws: No one knows that Tess Swenson, madam of a brothel, also owns a livery stable and a number of other businesses. On one of her secret inspections, she makes a surprising discovery.
- A Rooster’s Job: The Hamiltons hoped to build a home in the idyllic Willamette Valley with mild winters, but now they’re snowed in and their rooster isn’t doing such a great job either.
- The Art of Pretending: Tess finds out that someone is stealing her money. She suspects Frankie, a woman who reminds her of Luke. But nothing is as it seems.
- The Christmas Oak: Luke sets out to bring home a Christmas tree—but she finds something else.
- Swept Away: The greatest flood in the history of Oregon sweeps away houses, barns, and animals in the Willamette Valley. At the same time, fourteen-year-old Amy is swept away by her feelings for her best friend.
The enter the drawing, all you have to do is leave a comment on this blog. I’ll announce the winners on Monday, August 5, so check back then to see if you won.
Good luck, and have a nice weekend.